Class minimums are set at 16 vehicles. If a class does not meet the class minimum and the participants want to continue in a group, the advertised payout will be void, and participants will be paid on a $50.00 per round won during eliminations. Pro Class size: If total qualified class entries exceed 150 qualified entries, Eights will be paid $100 each.
There will be 2 lanes designated for Pre-Entered participants and Gate Registration. You must sign the track waiver, get your wristband, tech card and punch card before entering the speedway. This will be done in the Credentials building, at the gate entrance. Estimated time of entry for racers is 12:00 noon on Thursday.
Additional Race Information: Pro, Super Pro, Street, Truck, Nostalgia Super Stock, Modern Muscle, Demon, Hellcat, Unlimited Modern Muscle, Footbrake and Mopars vs The World will be run as an E.T. bracket. .500 Full tree for all classes. Compulink Cross-Talk will be used for Quick Eliminator and Super Pro. If you do not wish to see your opponent’s top bulb, please place an “N” after the dial-in on your window.Classes will be randomly paired until the semifinals before being placed on a qualified ladder based on closest to dial-in. Best reaction time on a winning run will determine the provisional bye. 1st and 2nd round buybacks will be offered in Pro and Super Pro time permitting. Please display all car numbers and dial-ins on the left (driver’s side) of the car. All race entries include one weekend pass for the driver, 1 racer pit parking space and race car sticker.
Friday and Saturday Eliminations and Payouts on the following classes: Modern Muscle/New Hemi Challenge, Pro, Mopar vs the World, Super Pro and Quick Eliminator.
- The Following Classes are tentatively scheduled to run 1/8 mile: Quick Eliminator, Super Pro, Pro.
- Optional bonus rounds may be available if time permits on Friday evening. Schedule is greatly affected by car count, oil downs; please check your vehicle for leaks before leaving home.
- Synthetics oil products are popular as lubricants. The chemical compositions of these lubricants also make them very costly and difficult to remove from a race surface. The race rule concerning synthetic oil products: If you have an oil down during the event and are using synthetic oil products, you will be given a warning on the first occurrence. If you oil down the track a second time during the event, you will be disqualified from any further competition at this event. This comes from the staff at Gateway Motorsports Park and JP Motorsports. If you have a problem, please pull to the side and stop the vehicle as soon as possible, eliminating further damage and down time.
- Trailer parking is included at Gateway for all race contestants. Any others (show car participants, vendors, and so on) please park in specified trailer parking area.
- Motorized scooters, golf carts, and so on are permitted as long as they are operated by an adult, who is at least 16 years old and has a valid driver’s license. Any minors operating these vehicles will be warned once; a second warning will result in the vehicle confiscated until the event concludes.
- Tech will be open on Thursday of the event starting at noon. ETI tech will be available. For a complete listing of tech rules and regulations consult our web site, www.nhra.com. If you are a beginner racer, tech is set up to protect you. Give your car a thorough visual inspection. Look for and fix anything that is leaking. Check your tires and brakes. Make sure that you have an overflow bottle for your radiator coolant. If the tech officials find something they don’t like, they will address it with you and suggest remedies. You should have time to correct the problem before the racing begins. These are NHRA and GMSP Rules, we (JP Motorsports will not waive any safety rules, they are there for your protection). Double check your dates on your seat belts.
- Roll bars: You must have a roll bar in vehicle running faster than 11:49. NHRA Chassis Tag is required on Roll Bars in vehicles running faster than 9.99.
- Roll cage certification is required for vehicles 9.99 seconds or quicker and/or for vehicles 135 mph or faster. Each second quicker you run, there are specific qualifications that are necessary to compete. Consult an official NHRA rule book.
- Non-racer RV parking at the Gateway for the event. Only $50 plus admission fee (weekend admission is separate).
- One weekend wristband per driver when multiple race classes are entered.
- Race Radio Frequency: 107.1 FM. It is your responsibility to tune your radio to this station and listen for information concerning your race class call-ups. They will be announced over the public address system and also broadcasted over the radio at 107.1 FM. Tune your radio to this frequency upon entering Gateway Motorsports Park.
- Please only save a maximum of 4 racer pit parking on Thursday entry. Any questions ask the racing staff.
- A 10 mph speed limit in the pit area.
- Q) Can I run my generator on my RV at the event?
A) Yes, but it is your responsibility to have an exhaust hose or Stack on your exhaust, or please be a good neighbor and move elsewhere.
- For further race information contact Nitro Joe Jackson at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gate Information: Gateway Motorsports Park, 700 Raceway Blvd. Madison, Ill. 62060
- Shipping Address: On the shipping label it must read (also on the side of the box)
- Monster MuscleCar Weekend – DRAG TOWER
Attn: Company/ Racer Name and Cell #
700 Raceway Blvd.
Madison, Ill. 62060
Racer Name: ___________
Cell Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Please read the following: GMSP nor the event promoters can not be held liable for your missing packages. Packages must be received by the close of business the Wednesday before the event for delivery for the Monster MuscleCar Weekend. Any package received after the Friday of the event, may be returned to sender at your expense.
For all current rules and/or changes please visit the NHRA website: www.nhra.com
If you have more questions after looking at the NHRA website you can contact Nitro Joe at email@example.com